Does my husband haveing low testosterone have an effect on trying to get pregnant?

Yes. The testes do two main things - make testosterone & make sperm. Depending on the cause of the low t, treatment options may include living w/ slightly low t but nl sperm count until conception occurs, taking shots of pituitary hormones, or ivf with sperm injected into egg (icsi). Taking testosterone injections will actually lower the sperm count and should be avoided.
Testosterone. Low testosterone can effect spermatogenesis. Also, underlying conditions which cause low testosterone (pituitary disease, testicular disease) can also affect fertility.