I had my gallbladder removed like 7 years ago niw I have constant diareah everytime I eat well most of the time and also cobstant acid refkux why ?

Dr. Michael Shim
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Bile salt diarrhea
You may have diarrhea due to bile salts which can be in excess in your colon after gallbladder removal.
Treatment is a prescription med called colestipol.

In brief: Bile salt diarrhea
Dr. Michael Shim
Dr. Michael Shim
In brief: Bile
You likely are intolerant of the fat in your food or the bile that no longer has a storage vessel.
Try avoiding fatty foods. If this does not help then ask your physician about cholestyramne which will bind the excess bile. You will still need to avoid fatty foods though, even whole milk and ice cream. As far as the reflux symptoms, it could be from numerous causes. You may be refluxing bile.

In brief: Bile
Dr. Christopher Watson
Dr. Christopher Watson
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery