How do I run the risk of becoming pregnant if I miss 2 birth control pills?

If miss 2 pills, you. Can take 2 pills right away, and another 2 pills the day after, followed by 1 pill per day. Use backup contraception such as condoms for at least one week, since you do run the risk of pregnancy. If you do not bleed on schedule, check a home pregnancy test. Best of luck!
For some ocps... Missing 2 pills may be enough for your pituitary gland to begin sending signals to your ovaries to produce/recruit an egg within the ovary to begin developing and maturing and may possibly allow for ovulation to occur. Missing 2 pills is generally safe - but missing more than 2 pills is definitely more risky for allowing this to happen.