I had extreamly intense sharp pain last night. Couldn't move and it hurt worse to breath. Did I have a heart attack?

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Not likely

Sounds more like a lung issue or chest wall/muscle problem. If it persists or recurs, seek medical attention.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Pareena Bilkoo
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Heart attack

If you're still experiencing symptoms you should go to the er. Sharp pain is usually not the typical of a myocardial infarction.
Also, it is not usual to have a heart attack at night and then go about your routine the next morning. Until a heart attack patient seeks assistance they usually continue to have symptoms.

In brief: Heart attack

Dr. Pareena Bilkoo
Dr. Pareena Bilkoo
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine