What are the pros and cons of getting a Brazilian butt lift rather than butt implants?

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Shape

A brazilian butt lift helps to define buttock shape.
An implant is necessary to create significant buttock projection, specially in thin patients.

In brief: Shape

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
2 comments
Dr. Mark Johnson
Forget implants. Too many problems. The Brazilian uses your own tissues, is more flexible in giving individual results, can be safely augmented later, has less scars and complications. Hands down a Brazilian is the better choice
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Mark: I understand your point of view, but I said that an "implant is necessaty to significantly increase projection, specially in thin patients". Some patients do not have any fat to move around to produce any significant changes. I always combine fat grafting with implants when necessary. What do you do in thin patients?
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Contour

Brazilian butt lift surgery is preferred in women that have enough fat to transfer to the buttock.
Surgery helps contour the midsection, narrow the waist, and reshape the buttock with your own tissue and no foreign material. http://www.dassmd.com/brazilian-butt-lift/butt-augmentation-los-angeles.html.

In brief: Contour

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: BBL vs Butt Implants

I believe the Brazilian Butt Lift technique is far superior to implants.
In fact, I use only natural fat grafting and no longer use butt implants because they have a higher complication rate and the results are not as good. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: BBL vs Butt Implants

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. David Shifrin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Own tissue

A brazillian butt lift is a procedure that uses your own fat to augment your buttocks.
Implants are silicone off the shelf and used to augment your backside. If you have the available fat, your chances of long term complications such as malposition or capsular contracture are avoided by using it. If your thin, the implants may be the only option you have. Meet your asps plastic surgeon for info.

In brief: Own tissue

Dr. David Shifrin
Dr. David Shifrin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil