My mothers doctor has her on 4 depression meds. I think it is too much. Trazadone, prozac, mirtazapine and seroquel, (quetiapine) thoughts?

Depression treatment. Seroquel (quetiapine) is not an antidepressant. It is an atypical antipsychotic and a mood stabilizer. The rest 3 meds are antidepressants. Concomitant use of 2 or more antidepressants may put you at risk of serotonin syndrome, which can be an emergency. Also, there is some scientific data showing that combination of 2 antidepressant is no more effective than one.