Should I use a heating pad on low to help the pain of my ear infection?

Dr. Thomas Hansbrough
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
Sometimes the heat will help pain, but be cautious about the settings; not too hot! oral pain meds like Ibuprofen maybe offer better relief, and of coarse you should return to your doctor for evaluation.

Dr. Thomas Hansbrough
Dr. Thomas Hansbrough
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
In brief: Maybe
If this helps, then use it as long as not too hot.
If there isn't a hole in your eardrum from a tube or pressure causing pus to drain, you can use olive oil (saturate a cotton ball with the oil and squeeze into the ear) for instant pain relief. Don't use any drops if a hole! take an oral pain reliever (ibuprofen or acetaminophen) for longer relief. If the earache persists over 3 days see your doc.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: ? If helps
You may try it, i'm just not sure it will help you.

In brief: ? If helps
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Cindy Juster