What are the chances of co2 laser skin smoothing procedure worsening rosacea symptoms?

Not likely to worsen. But the treated areas may appear more red afterwords during the healing period. I would discuss with your practitioner.
Worse temporarily. if you suffer from rosacea and you get a treatment of CO2 resurfacing, expect to have some temporary worsening of your rosacea symptoms and flare-ups. That is a completely normal process due to the irritation that the CO2 resurfacing brought to the area of your face. It will calm down and return to normal in time. Hope this helps.