Can my primary doctor pricribe Clomid (clomiphene) ?

Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Yes, but....
Your ob/gyn is the best choice to give you clomid (clomiphene).
You should have a hysterosalpingogram( dye test to check your tubes and uterus) and a semenanalysis on your partner. You don't want to take too many months of Clomid (clomiphene) without ever having ohter testing done. Talk with your ob/gyn first.

In brief: Yes, but....
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Primary Rx Clomid (clomiphene)
Any licensed physician can prescribe clomid, (clomiphene) and you may conceive taking it for several months.
I don't recommend that you take the medication continuously more than 3 months because it's effect is decreased. Who will monitor your response to see if you need a higher dose? I suggest that you find a gyn to monitor you.

Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Let me agree but add that all fertility treatments decrease success slightly the more you use them (the most fertile get pregnant faster). You always need to know what the goal of clomid treatment is single or multiple ovulation or better progesterone levels? You also need to know when to check for other causes of infertility. Usually you need to know that your partner has sperm, for example.
Dr. Jane Van Dis