Why do I have to avoid sexual activity after a male breast reduction?

Restrictions postope. In general after this type of surgery your surgeon will want you to avoid most physical activity including sexual for a few reasons: 1. To avoid trauma to a recently operated field; 2. Any activity that increases the blood pressure and heart rate may increase the risk of bleeding; 3. To allow the tissues ideal healing.
Talk to your doctor. The surgeon responsible for your coplications will want to control your risks.
Avoid Complications. Avoidance of “sexual activity" may be part of the postoperative instructions after male reduction surgery for a variety of reasons. Direct contact with the surgical area may cause complications. An elevated heart rate or blood pressure may also be problematic. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to precise answers and recommendations. Best wishes.