Excessive abdominal bloating and I'm often very uncomfortable because of it. What type of help should I seek?

Primary Care. You need to start with your primary care/family doctor about your symptoms and most of the time after taking a detailed history and doing physical exam he/she may be able to treat the cause of bloating.If he feels you need teasts he/she can order and sometime he/she may refer you to a gastroenterologist if you need endo/colonoscopy and expert opinion.