Can medical marijuana help with anxiety?

Not the answer. Research is lacking, but though marijuana can ameliorate anxiety, it cannot do so in a way that renders patients functional. The goal of treatment of anxiety (or any psych disorder) is to alleviate distress of the symptom(s) and restore the patient to previous level of functioning. Marijuana is too impairing to functioning to be a viable treatment option.
Probably Not. You may feels the sense of releif after smoking (high feeling) but smoking pot can cause more anxiety in the long run. In addition, marijuana can contribute to psychosis, depression or mania. There are many safer oftions to treat anxiety than smoking marijuana.