I have a sore throat and a bad flu. What medicine should I take?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Over the counter
There are a variety of combination "flu" otc meds that can help.
Ask yourself which one of your symptoms are the most troublesome and look for combination that best will treat those symptoms. Believe it or not your local pharmacist can often point you into the right direction. Just ask nicely at the counter :).

In brief: Over the counter
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Treat symptoms
Start with symptomatic relief.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) or an otc antiinflammatory. Drink plenty of fluids as hydration is very important. If your symptoms do not improve within 3 or 4 days you may want to consult with your physician. If you have difficulty swallowing and can't drink then you need to see a doctor right away.

In brief: Treat symptoms
Start with symptomatic relief.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine