My chest hurts sometimes my doctor said that it hurts because of hyperventilation.. And that I don't have to worry.. Can somebody clarify and help?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: Anxiety
Chest pain could be a symptom of anxiety.
Hyperventilation is also symptom of anxiety. Reassurance and may be a mild anxiolytics may help.

In brief: Anxiety
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Steven Reidbord
In brief: Paper bag "cure"
Hyperventilation is when you breathe more than your body needs, usually out of anxiety.
Unfortunately the resulting dizziness (& sometimes other symptoms like chest aching) adds to the anxiety, creating a vicious cycle. It's not serious. To break the cycle, try breathing in & out of a small paper bag, eg, a lunch bag. Re-breathing the same air eases the symptoms. And try not to over-breathe.

In brief: Paper bag "cure"
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology