Is a mini tummy tuck a better option for reducing abdominal fat than liposuction?

TT and Fat Red. Liposuction reduces fat, tummy tuck mainly reduces excess skin and tightens muscles. Both often used at same procedure for best results.
Not necessarily. Choose the "right tool for the right job". If you have abdominal fat, but with good elastic skin - then liposuction is the correct way to go. Or perhaps coolsculpting. If you have abdominal skin laxity and/or muscle separation, some form of tummy tuck is the preferred method. Best to see a board-certified plastic surgeon to help you sort this out.
Depends? The best abdominal wall contra operation for a specific patient will depend on the patient's examination and goals. In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation.
Not really. A mini tummy tuck will reduce the extra skin. Liposuction is still necessary to remove the extra fat. http://www.dassmd.com/tummy-tuck/index.html.
Yes. A mini-tummy tuck is more powerful at remove fat, reducing skin, and potentially improving shape through muscle repair than liposuction alone in most patients. Good luck.