Is it enough to go to the chiropractor or should I be seeking a physican, such as one in physical therapy or is it more serious?

It depends . It is difficult to provide a recommendation without knowing what problem you need treated. For example, a physiatrist (physical medicine and rehabilitation physician) is trained to evaluate and treat all types of muscle complaints. A physical therapist provides direct treatment using exercises or physical modalities to treat muscle complaints. Chiropractors focus primarily on manual therapy.