I have chromic ecema and its so cold now what can I use to calm down the itching. I already use tricimalone, and don't want to use pills makes sleepy?

Non-sedating meds. Several things you can do to treat or prevent eczema and itching - non-sedating anti-histamines like loratadine, cetirizine, and fexofenadine (no rx needed) can be helpful, especially if there is an allergic component. Using a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser and applying moisturizer, right after baths or showers, can help. Avoiding long, hot showers helps. Ointment-based triamcinolone or stronger.
Any cause. Try to work with y our doctor in trying to identify any possible cause and eliminating the cause would cure it.
Eczema treatment. Chronic wintertime eczema is very bothersome. Use of steroid creams can be helpful but ointments are a better vehicle. Creams can be too drying. Also, some patients develop an allergy to the steroid base and these patients can benefit from changing to a different steroid ointment. It is also important to moisturize hands frequently.