I have chromic ecema and its so cold now what can I use to calm down the itching. I already use tricimalone, and don't want to use pills makes sleepy ?

Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology
In brief: Non-sedating meds
Several things you can do to treat or prevent eczema and itching - non-sedating anti-histamines like loratadine, cetirizine, and fexofenadine (no rx needed) can be helpful, especially if there is an allergic component.
Using a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser and applying moisturizer, right after baths or showers, can help. Avoiding long, hot showers helps. Ointment-based triamcinolone or stronger.

In brief: Non-sedating meds
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Tara Passow
In brief: Any cause
Try to work with y our doctor in trying to identify any possible cause and eliminating the cause would cure it.

In brief: Any cause
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Joel Selter
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Eczema treatment
Chronic wintertime eczema is very bothersome.
Use of steroid creams can be helpful but ointments are a better vehicle. Creams can be too drying. Also, some patients develop an allergy to the steroid base and these patients can benefit from changing to a different steroid ointment. It is also important to moisturize hands frequently.

In brief: Eczema treatment
Dr. Joel Selter
Dr. Joel Selter
Dr. Eric Weisman