Every once in a while I get really bad low blood sugar. After taking a nap today it was the worst I've ever had it! the only thing I know to do is eat!?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Cause impt

Please review your day to pinpoints cause of your low, so u can reduce likelihood of similar episodes in the future.
Did u take too much insulin? Too small a meal (for your dose of insulin)? Unexpected physical activity? Drink alcohol? Also, please see ur endo for glucagon prescription and training of your family and friends, which they can use if u have a really bad low and you're unconscious.

In brief: Cause impt

Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: What the cause?

It's important to know the cause.
There are many reasons for hypoglycemia but the treatment depends on why your blood sugar is going low. If you have diabetes, then most likely your regimen is not appropriate for you. You should see your doctor to get this evaluated and readjusted as necessary. It's not ok to have low blood sugar. It could be very dangerous.

In brief: What the cause?

It's important to know the cause.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Cindy Juster