How will I treat eczema, my 2 year ol daughter have it?

Dr. Paul Williams
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Eczema treatment

Eczema that begins in infancy often has allergic triggers, which could be food or airborne allergens.
Moisturizing the skin is important and baths can be helpful as long as the water is lukewarm and your child is allowed to soak in the tub. Apply a moisturizing cream after drying. Prescription creams can reduce the itch and rash.

In brief: Eczema treatment

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: See below

Eczema can't be cured but usually can be controlled.
It's best managed by using a sensitive skin cleanser, avoiding bathing in very hot water and bathing her only every 2-3 days, and using a sensitive skin lotion at least 3 times daily, even when the rash isn't there. If doing this doesn't help enough, her doctor can add some eczema ointments.

In brief: See below

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster