My daughter has sickle cell trait and lately she has been complaining of pain in her knees and sometimes she can't walk we've been to several speciali?

Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: See below.

There are a lot of possibilities, some relating to sickle trait, some not.
If a pediatric hematologist feels the knee pain is not due to sickle trait, and a pediatric orthopedist can't find a physical cause, the pain might be due to overuse or muscle spasm. In that case, daily stretches might help. If she has not seen the above specialists, she should. I hope her symptoms resolve soon!

In brief: See below.

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
If a pediatric orthopedist and her pediatrician can't find an underlying cause for her knee pain, the next step is doing physical therapy. If her headaches are that severe, I'd suggest seeing a pediatric neurologist. If the pediatric neurologist finds anything abnormal on exam, then imaging is the next step.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Sickle pain

Bone and joint pains are common in sickle cell.
Stay hydrated, warm, and out of oxygen debt to avoid attacks.

In brief: Sickle pain

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham