I have a sacral chordoma. I've endured 3 surgeries first in '99, and nov/10. Tumors still exist. Best way to remove them?

Dr. Ilya Iofin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Proton beam

Chordoma is known for its tendency to recur. If it can be resected again, surgery would be worthwhile.
Proton beam radiation has shown a lot of promise for this disease and is more effective than conventional radiation. Regardless whether surgery is feasible or not, that's also a modality to consider. Some chemotherapy agents, like imatinib, can also be tried. Go to a large oncology center.

In brief: Proton beam

Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Chordoma

Maybe find some additional help from the neuro-ortho spine team at hopkins in baltimore.
I worked with them in the past and they do amazing reconstructions... Sometimes indeed it leads to the need for revisions, but they are very talented, ... Best of luck!

In brief: Chordoma

Dr. Andrea Brand