What particular type of nose job is required for correcting excessively wide nostrils?

Nasal base surgery. Nasal base narrowing can be done alone or with rhinoplasty and usually entails incisions around the nostrils where they meet your face. See a rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation.
Many answers. . A good rhinoplasty or nose job creates balance and harmony of the nose and face. Wide nostrils may be improved with more tip projection or a simple "base reduction" where the wide flaring nostrils are tucked in more narrowly. It's important to recognize that there is no "on size fits all" technique for all noses. Base reductions require experience so that poor scars don't ruin the final result.
Alar reduction. There are many different manoeuvres to treat wide nostrils. Be sure to have your nose evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.
Alar base resections. Are the treatment for wide nostrils. This may be combined with other maneuvers done as part of a rhinoplasty. If the nostril size is the only condition that the patient wants corrected, they can be done alone. See a surgeon certified by the american board of plastic surgery. Good luck!