How long do I have to wait to take a shower after breast surgery?

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Varies.

Much will depend on exactly what procedure was performed and your own surgeon's preferences/instructions.
Best to get this type of instruction straight from your surgeon as opposed to online “consultants”. Best wishes.

In brief: Varies.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: surgeon preference

Each surgeon has a different protocol for when to allow their patients to shower postoperatively.
It is best to discuss this with the surgeon that you are having your procedure with. I generally use demabond skin glue foreclosure with my patients and allow them to shower within 24 hours.

In brief: surgeon preference

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Thanks for your question.
If you do not have drains and the incisions look well healed you can shower in as little as 48 hours after most breast surgery. Please discuss with your surgeon.

In brief: Depends

Thanks for your question.
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Dr. Adam Levy