How can I give up smoking?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Discuss c Pharmacy

There are patches, gums and electronic cigarrettes available.
Ask the phatmacist if you require a prescription. Chatntix is probably the best in the market, but req prescription, very effctive but expensive and c possible side effcts. You need the motivation. Some pts do it cold turkey with success. Choose a significant date for you. Go to http://www.Cancer.Org/healthy/stayawayfromtobacco/guidetoq.

In brief: Discuss c Pharmacy

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Cold turkey.

As far as quitting without any nicotine replacement, the cold turkey method is great, and has proven to be the most successful method overall.
But plan it ahead of time. Pick a quit date in advance, maybe a meaningful date like a birthday or holiday, and gather people who are aware of your attempt that you can call upon for moral support if you start to falter. Good luck!!

In brief: Cold turkey.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Smoking Cessation

#1. Nicotine anonymous #2 I have had success treating people in recovery from nicotine addiction using the patch.
Decrease the dose very gradually, making reductions every two weeks or longer, to increase the likelihood of staying stopped. This works bests if done in combination with #1.

In brief: Smoking Cessation

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
If pt has the money other option is to consider Chantix after reading and accepting the pros and cons.