Why do I get diarrhea during my period and when I am spotting? Started Depo-Provera shot 3 months ago and ever since I have been spotting almost every day.

Spotting from depo. One of the very common side effects from Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) is irregular bleeding and spotting. People get the most irregular bleeding in the first several times they get the injection. But usually the longer people take the Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) the more likely the bleeding will all stop. One of the chemicals the uterus makes with a period is prostaglandins, and they can cause loose stools.