I have severe back pain when I walk?

Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Hmmm?
This can be from a simple muscle spasm to something as complex as spinal stenosis; please have your doctor examine you!

In brief: Hmmm?
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Patrick Roth
If the back pain occurs when you walk and is relieved when you sit down, it likely arises from you facet joints or, less likely, your sacroiliac joint. This is not to say that you have spinal stenosis which presents similarly, but has the potential to cause leg pain as well. I have found that a combination of anti-inflamatories and back strengthening exercises works the best.
Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management
In brief: Back pain
The back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement .
.. The treatment depends on the cause of the pain. If your pain persists, you should seek help from a health care provider. You might benefit from a comprehensive evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Back pain
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Vikram Patel