Is there anything I can give my 5 month old baby for a blocked nose and chesty cough?

In brief: Saline drops
No medicine, other than tyelenol for fever.
You can run a humidifier, and use saline drops in his nose and then use bulb suction. If he is not eating wel or if he is having trouble breathing schedule an appointment with his doctor

In brief: Saline drops
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Saline & suction
The safest and most effective treatment is saline nose drops and suctioning.
Elevating the head of the crib and using a humidifier help, too. Cold and cough medicines are proven ineffective and can have serious side effects, which is why the fda has been taking them off the market gradually. If this doesn't help, your baby needs to see the doctor to see if it's more than a cold.

In brief: Saline & suction
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
You're welcome -- I hope the symptoms clear up soon!
Dr. Cindy Juster