Should i try other drugs that offer relief from my adhd, or should I stick to adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)? I don't mind it but wondering if others my have better results

In brief: Possibly

Ad/hd responds well to several medications, of which Adderall is one of a family of stimulants: ritalin, concerta, focalin, (dexmethylphenidate) methylphenidate, mixed amphetamines, etc.
There is another medication that works, called strattera, atomoxetine, as well as wellbutrin, bupropion, or budeprion. But, if Adderall is working, as we said in the navy, why fix something that aint broke?

In brief: Possibly

In brief: ADHD

Please discuss this with your psychiatrist.
If you have good symptom relief and no side effects there may not be a reason to change. However if the effects aren't optimum or side effects are not tolerable then you may benefit from a trial of a different medication or a change of dosage. Take care.

In brief: ADHD

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Go see your doctor

Your question is best addressed w/your doc.
Answer really depends upon you. Some patients like stability & don't want change. Others are always looking for next best thing. There are many options available. Check out online.Epocrates.Com & drugs.Com for current medications. Do your homework & then chat w/your doc. Just beware that grass is always greener on other side of fence.

In brief: Go see your doctor

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Speak to your doctor

Drugs for adhd have to be recommended by your doctor so i would definitely speak to him to find out what he recommends.

In brief: Speak to your doctor

Dr. Jonathan Jassey