Why is my voice breaking? Sometimes, I am asked to speak up because my voice is low. Most of the time, I drink hot water to clear my voice.

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Multiple reasons
Complaints like yours are often found in people who either chronic post nasal drip - pnd- (nasal drainage on to the vocal cords) or possibly even reflux.
If its pnd, then i usually rec an anti-histamine. If its reflux then are otc reflux meds. A good history by your primary care md or an ENT will help point you to the right direction.

In brief: Multiple reasons
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Arun Gadre
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Can be a cancer
Are you a teenager? If you are male this is physiological.
Anything that causes problems with approximation of the vocal cords, mobility in the cords or tension in the cords is a cause for hoarseness. This can be something as simple as vocal nodules or laryngitis but can also be a cancer. So go and see ENT doctor. One cannot make diagnosis on internet.

In brief: Can be a cancer
Dr. Arun Gadre
Dr. Arun Gadre
Dr. Steven Seres