Everything i eat/drink makes my chest become tight and i notice my heart rate more. Could this be gas, a hiatal hernia or something else?

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Maybe spasms

The first thing you must check is that your heart is ok.
At 22 years of age, it almost certainly is. Esophageal spasms could easily be a cause of your symptoms, and this can be determined with an test called manometry, which involves a tube in your nose for 15' or so. Referral to a GI doctor should be considered.

In brief: Maybe spasms

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle

Get evaluated keep track of the symptoms timing, duration etc and take your notes to your next appointment.

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine