I have recently developed white eyelashes on half of one eye but nowhere else and I have no white patches on my skin - what is this likely to be?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Eyelash whitening

Eyelash whitening can occur for no reason at all but it can related to autoimmune disease.
See an eye doctor for further evaluation.

In brief: Eyelash whitening

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: White eyelashes

Known as vitiligo or poliosis, eyelash depigmentation (whitening) can be a result of some hereditary condition.
My suggestion: see an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist or optician!). I do not think it's serious, but the eye doctor might be able to determine why and, perhaps, offer a way to reverse it back to normal.

In brief: White eyelashes

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt