I'm recovering from collar bone fracture. What kind of food should I take for a faster healing?

Dr. Tapan Joshi
Pain Management
In brief: High calcium
High calcium if you insist.
........Otherwise it makes no difference. Anyway collarbone is highly vascular bone and heals fast in 4-6 weeks.

In brief: High calcium
High calcium if you insist.
Dr. Tapan Joshi
Dr. Tapan Joshi
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Protein
For healing fractures of any type a diet with high grade protein and calcium will help in the healing and production of the osteoid matrix and callus required for healing.

In brief: Protein
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Bruce Prager
Trying to alter your diet when you just get a fracture is like the horse trying to chase the cart. At this point diet is not going to change fracture healing. You need to have good nutrition prior to a fracture. Calcium 1200 mg per day and Vit D, 5000 units per day. Smokers have a much higher incidence of healing fractures then nonsmokers.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine