How can I get rid of this yellow fungus on my toenail without a prescription?

Maybe? The reason you hear so many different treatments for toenail fungus is because there is no perfect, sure-fire treatment that works 100% of the time. I've seen vaporub work, as well as other natural oil remedies, but rarely. You can also try laser therapy, antifungal creams, paints, or even oral medications if your doctor deems you healthy enough to take them.
Toenail fungus. If it is, indeed, a fungal infection, it is very difficult to get rid of it. A dermatologist can determine if it is, really, a fungal infection with a simple test. Some simple home remedy that some doctors recommend is rubbing in vick's vaporub (!) on and around the toenail a couple a times daily. It take the great toenail about a year to grow out so be patient..
Remove toenail fungu. 1)use an implement to remove the gunk from under the toenail - do this 2-3 times per week 2) using a syringe with a blunt needle, inject a 50/50 mix of mouthwash and 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol under the nail twice per day 3) inject a 50/50 bleach dilution under the nail once per week. Done diligently, this will get rid of all but the most stubborn nail fungus infections.