I have hypertrophic non obstructive cardiomyopathy is there anything I can do to lose weight I tend to get tired fast so exercise is hard?

Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: May not be related
If it's truly non-obstructive by careful echocardiographic assessment with and without bearing down during the test, then the myopathy may not be a significant impediment to exercise to lose weight.
However, you may need a stress echocardiogram to detect any possible dynamic obstruction when you exercise, or to unmask any serious heart rhythm disturbances, both of which should limit exercise.

In brief: May not be related
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Barton Cook
Pediatrics - Cardiology
Eat a healthy diet, with calories appropriate for an inactive person of your age.
Then work with your cardiologist to find out what type of activity (walking perhaps) that you can safely engage in.

Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine