Young adult that was very active in school sports and now always has bad knee pain and ankle pain (prev torn lig) during cold weather.

See doc, get rehab. Most injuries should respond to physical therapy.Don't discount the great importance to your mental and physical health from remaining active in your adulthood.Start by seeing your primary care doc and ask for a referral to physical therapy or a sports med doc. You are young and have great rehab potential.Don't let an old injury lead to lifelong sedentary living and its serious health consequences.