I've had a partical hysterectomy but when I took a pregnancy test it came out possitive im 25yrs old and in good health what would cause this?

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology
In brief: Pregnancy?
Many people are confused about what a partial hysterectomy means.
To a physician a hysterectomy means removal of the uterus. To non-physicians this could mean removal of an ovary or part of the uterus. If you have had removal of the uterus, why would you even perform a pregnancy test? I would start with determining what type of surgery you had and see a physician as soon as possible.

In brief: Pregnancy?
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Weird
If you have no uterus - weird.
If you only have a cervix, it's still unlikely to get pregnant. I'm not sure what your definition of partial hysterectomy is but if your surgery involved partial removal of your uterus, see your OB asap! i'd recommend an HCG level and ultrasound if elevated. Tumors & false tests are possible ps - i'd love to hear what they find, take care.

In brief: Weird
If you have no uterus - weird.
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jane Van Dis