My dad is using snus (also called snuff) its tobacco under the lip. Im worried that he will develope pancreatic cancer , is this possible to answer?

Dr. Carolyn Messere
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: He should stop

While pancreatic cancer is not commonly caused by snuff, many head and neck cancers are associated with snuff, particularly mouth cancer.
This is a difficult habit to break, but your input, being honest with your father and asking him to quit can be helpful. Not guilt, not nagging, just a heartfelt request to please stop and to get help. I wish you luck with this. This is a difficult situation.

In brief: He should stop

Dr. Carolyn Messere
Dr. Carolyn Messere

In brief: Snuff does cause ca.

Snuff or any form of cmokeless tobacco does cause cancers of the lip, mouth, and tongue.
I don't think it will cause pancreatic cancer, but it would be best if he would stop.

In brief: Snuff does cause ca.

Dr. Stanley Wilson
Dr. Stanley Wilson
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery