Graves pt. Rai 2 years ago. Synthroid (thyroxine) 50mcs for two months. Periorbital edema severe. From hypothyroidism? Blood work normal.

Dr. John Park
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Graves' Orbitopathy

Graves' orbitopathy can occur before, after or at the same time as development of autoimmune hyperthyroidism.
It's activity is unrelated to your thyroid level and its course is episodic. If you have swelling, it may mean you have active inflammation in your orbit. You should see an oculoplastic surgeon to be evaluated for oral steroids. This can stem some of the damage from active inflammation.

In brief: Graves' Orbitopathy

Dr. John Park
Dr. John Park
Dr. Timothy Carey
Ophthalmology

In brief: Autoimmune

This is a tough problem but it is related to the autoimmune response of thyroid eye disease.
I would recommend seeing an ophthalmologist in your area for possible steroid treatment.

In brief: Autoimmune

Dr. Timothy Carey
Dr. Timothy Carey
Dr. Vicken Poochikian