Have pain in my knees when I knee down and sit on my knees?

Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Knee Pain
Knee pain on squatting , knealing or climbing stairs is commonly due to problem in the patellofemoral joint.
The above activities lead to 3-7 fold increase in the pressure at this joint. The knee becomes painful during these activities if there is damage to the articular cartillage ( chondromalacia ) this should be further investigated for proper treatment.

In brief: Knee Pain
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine
In brief: Chondromalacia
Pain with kneeling or squatting can be many things such as cartilage or meniscus irritation.
A common problem is chondromalacia or wearing down of the cartilage under the kneecap which can be stressed when squatting or kneeling. Also direct pressure on the kneecaps such as sitting on knees would exacerbate this.

In brief: Chondromalacia
Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine