Is loose stool always unhealthy? I drink a lot of water and eat a lot of salad. I also take around 700mg of vitamin C a day

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Not always
Generally loose stools mean that things are moving relatively quickly through your intestines, which water and salad would encourage.
700mg of vit. C is unlikely to affect this. Conversely, hard dense stool has spent a long time transiting the intestines. In general, it is healthier to have food and waste move quickly thru the GI tract than linger too long, so loose stools are often not a problem.

In brief: Not always
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine