My 1 year old son contracted the heand food and mouth disease from his little cousin. Wat can I do to help him be comfortable?

In brief: Observation
Viral will resolve without treatment offer bland food and non- acidic things to drink.
Watch for dehydration.

In brief: Observation
Watch for dehydration.
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Helena Bentley
Syptomatic care is the mainstay of treatment, such as, hydration, soft foods, fever and pain control, and sometimes topical mouth care is needed.
Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Pain control only
This truly is a minor infection in the danger sense, but pain can be pretty bad.
Motrin and tylenol (acetaminophen) may help with pain control and i would use regularly if the child seems in pain. Some kids get relief from mouth sores with ice cold liquids or popsicles. Not much else to do, but it's a pretty short lived infection.

In brief: Pain control only
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Jonathan Jassey