Is hand foot and mouth more serious with infants than toddlers?

In brief: Depends
Hfm may cause blisters to form in no or all these areas + on bottom. The mouth blisters are the most likely to cause pbs.
If they are bad, baby or toddler may refuse feeds & fluids & get dehydrated & the smaller the kid the more risk of dehydration. Some strains produce more blisters than others. My experience is it just varies reguardless of age. We have had a few adults get it this season.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Cornelia Franz
I have had good experience using a homeopathic remedy called Pulsatilla with hand-foot- mouth disease. Dissolve 2 pellets in 8 oz water and give 1 ounce three times a day for a few days.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: Varies
Main concern here is dehydration.
Infants and toddlers alike will not drink or eat if they are feeling pain in their mouth , more so when swallowing.They are both at risk depends on the degree of pain , hydration status and other overlapping medical conditions.

In brief: Varies
Main concern here is dehydration.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Cindy Juster