What is the best medicine when you have sinusitis?

Dr. Gary Highfill
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Start with saline
Many medication can be used for sinus infections, but if you are not using a saline irrigation that should be the first one to start.
Many people can clear the "infection" and symptoms with a simple sinus rinse.

In brief: Start with saline
Dr. Gary Highfill
Dr. Gary Highfill
Dr. Gregory Bussell
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: It depends
For an acute sinus infection in a healthy person Amoxicillin is first line therapy.
If you have recently taken antibiotics or if you have other medical problems a stronger antibiotic may be necessary. If the infection is mild hydration and saline irrigations may be all the you need.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Gregory Bussell
Dr. Gregory Bussell
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Neti pot
I love my neti pot - a device that removes nasal secretions.
It is something you can buy over-the-counter at any pharmacy (~$15) and watch videos on its use on youtube. Eucalyptus oil inhalations work for me as well. Ibuprofen for pain. If none of those work and the symptoms are over 10 days and worsening, antibiotics may be needed.

In brief: Neti pot
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc