How do I unlock a completely siezed finger joint? Its immovable actively/passively. Had surgery to repair the tendon, but its been locked for 5 weeks

Dr. Gary Pess
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Joint release

You may need a capsulotomy and joint release.
A tenolysis may also be be necessary if the tendon is also scarred. Make sure you see an experience hand surgeon.

In brief: Joint release

Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tenolysis

Potentially this is due to scarring around the tendon.
May require either another procedure called an open tenolysis or potentially an injection with xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) (protein breakage). I don't think xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) is fda approved for tenolysis, so it may require another surgery. See your hand surgeon.

In brief: Tenolysis

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: 4.5 wks late

You need to talk to your surgeon to see if physical therapy is a viable option after this long post-op with a 'frozen' joint.

In brief: 4.5 wks late

Dr. William Forsythe