I was told I have small like nerve endings on my lower back, giving me pain. Anything I can do to get rid of this pain?

Dr. Thomas Byrnes

In brief: Some meds may help

If you have an rx plan, they might cover Lyrica (pregabalin) which is very effective for some nerve pain.
If you have to pay out of pocket, then nortriptyline or Gabapentin should be tried. Osteopathic manipulative treatment will address any functional component of your back pain, helping you to move more normally and therefore heal faster.

In brief: Some meds may help

Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes

In brief: Lyrica (pregabalin)?

Pain management may be useful if it helps you move normally while you heal.
If you smoke, you must stop. What ever type of activity/lifestyle produced the damage to your back must be modified. Physical therapy for a core strengthening, yoga type stretching home exercise program that incorporates proper breathing and body awareness is the pathway that I have seen the most success. Patience!

In brief: Lyrica (pregabalin)?

Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes