How much does a hernia surgery cost (umbilical)?

Varies, insurance. Insurance should cover the cost of surgery. The total bill may a few thousand dollars, depending on how big the hernia is, how complex it is, if you have to stay in the hospital afterwards, and if it's done open (single larger incision) or laparoscopically (multiple tiny incisions and a video camera). If you have to stay in the hospital, then the bill would be many thousands of dollars.
Variable. Depends on the use of mesh, type of anesthesia, and location in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center. Most if not all insurance companies will cover this.
Insurance Coverage. This procedure is typically covered by insurance so would not require out of pocket expense.