My 9 month old has a fever of 102.1 and last night it was 102.7. I've been giving her tylenol (acetaminophen) but it isnt breaking the fever now. What should I do?

In brief: What other sx ?

Fever @ a 102 level is common in infants & toddlers with a wide variety of minor and some significant illnesses.
I find tylenol (acetaminophen) can give comfort & take a degree off a temp, but any resolution will be the illness going thru its cycles.If baby is playing some & taking fluids well enough to wet every 6hrs, u may be able to ride this out at home. If quiet, taking poorly etc. Call in & or see the dr.

In brief: What other sx ?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Have him checked

Fever like this, at this age, likely is caused by some common virus.
And likely the temp won't break because the tylenol (acetaminophen) package under doses many kids. The dose is based on weight and you can likely give more, or switch to motrin, but you will need guidance on the exact dose by your doc. Have them look him over to make sure nothing re serious is going on and then use symptom care.

In brief: Have him checked

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Cindy Juster