I am taking lexapro (escitalopram). Can I still drink alcohol ?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: It says not to
The label. Says no--i have patients who do but with caution alcohol is a depressant also patients with panic disorder frequently have an attack the morning after a bout of drinking.

In brief: It says not to
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Anne Sagalyn
In brief: You shouldn't
Alcohol and ssri metabolism can share common pathways and you may find your tolerance for alcohol diminishes.
More important, alcohol is a depressant, and hard for antidepressant to work if you are drinking. That said, a single glass of wine of beer occasionally won't hurt you.

In brief: You shouldn't
Dr. Anne Sagalyn
Dr. Anne Sagalyn
Dr. Eric Weisman