How can I lower my blood pressure when it goes up?

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Try to see why...
Blood pressure medications are generally taken on a schedule to keep the average blood pressure low.
Rarely would one have to take medications only as needed for high blood pressure. If your BP is high periodically, try and identify why this could be (is it due to increase salt intake, alcohol, smoking, caffeine, stress, anxiety, pain, lack of sleep). Keep a BP chart and show if to your doctor.

In brief: Try to see why...
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Medication
High blood pressure generally involves taking pills for treatment.
Your question implies that maybe your blood pressure goes up just transiently if you are upset or something. In that case you may just need to relax and get rid of stress. That said, most who have high blood pressure need to take pills.

In brief: Medication
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer