My nose is stuffy every night. How can I remedy this?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Easy things first
The nose has structures called turbinates in them that engorge with blood when you lay flat.
They can cause congestion at night. One should first try flushing the nose with saline (there are a variety of otc solutions or even gentle sprays). This can help, if it doesnt then one can try the breathe right nasal strips. They can be quite effective. If it continues, then an ENT md will be helpful.

In brief: Easy things first
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Robert Knox
First, try sleeping with the head of your bed elevated. Has your weight increased? Go see an ENT to have your nose examined.
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Dust allergy?
This question is important and could be the result of a variety of entities.
Your may have hypertrophic turbinates (enlargement of the structures in the side of the inside of the nose). You may have dust allergy, or a nasal polyp or polyps. The remedy as I have stressed frequently is a proper diagnosis. Emphasis here is what is causing the problem. Treatment depends on the correct diagnosis.

In brief: Dust allergy?
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Marsha Davis